Too often our society places a high significance on how much a person makes, how big or how many house one owns. Even, how many and what cars one may have. What brand of clothes a person wears, what valuables they have, and the list goes on and on…
However, we have to understand, everyone circumstances are different.
Are you born with a silver spoon? GOOD FOR YOU.
Not many people are as fortunate as you.
Personally, I feel only you can define for yourself, your worth in life. Therefore, you should value yourself more highly than the material things you can accumulate. Furthermore, there is always someone better than you. Bear that in mind, I mean it. There is always someone better than you.
Debunking Finance Myth: Having more money ≠ you will be more happy
People often have the misconceptions that money will make them happier.
My rebut is: REALLY? Perhaps momentarily. Maybe in the ways of choice such as retail therapy, a trip and more other things.
This choice that money brings, is just a tool of transaction and NOT your self-worth!
Debunking Finance Myth: Being rich have their fair share of problems as well
- You have to pay higher taxes
- Lifestyle Inflation – Spending stuff which you WANT not NEED – which will lead to Diderot Effect*
- Your “Lost-lost” relatives
*Diderot Effect – the act of obtaining a new possession often creates a spiral of consumption which leads you to acquire more new things.
Achieving Financial Independence is a marathon not a sprint
If you feel that you are lagging behind you peers financially, don’t be afraid, because I feel the same you too!
There are a few ways to go about this:
- Start budgeting – Discover more about Personal Finance
- Understand and be more financially aware about financial markets
- Get help from someone you trust – A professional investment/financial advisor (Of course, understand what they are selling you or putting your money into!)
- Start investing today – if you are prepared, and understand you will make mistakes
Embrace the journey.
Understand what you are getting yourself into and make financially prudent decisions along the way. Ultimately, life is a race with yourself, focus on being better than you were yesterday.
YOU ARE FINE! I am in this journey with you~
Learn To Invest – Yours truly, 21 years old “22
Disclosure: I only invest in equities – US, HK and SG markets. ETFs and Stocks!