With all the exciting happenings in the market, it’s easy to forget about all the notable earnings announcements. These include the likes of Oracle, ABM, Braze and Trip.com and more. In this week’s roundup, we’ll be going over some of those noteworthy events that are happening this week.
- Notable Earnings: Oracle, Coupa and more…
- JP PPI MoM (NOV), JP PPI YoY (NOV)
- GB Manufacturing Production MoM (OCT), GB Manufacturing Production YoY (OCT)
- Notable Earnings: ABM, Braze, Aspen Group and more…
- US Inflation Rate MoM (NOV), US Inflation Rate YoY (NOV)
- GB Unemployment rate (OCT)
- Notable Earnings: Trip.com, CleanSpark, Nordson and more…
- SG Unemployment Rate Final Q3
- US Import and Export Prices MoM (Nov), US Import and Export Prices YoY (Nov)
- Notable Earnings: Adobe, Quanex, Jabil and more…
- US interest Rate Projection and Fed Speech
- CN Unemployment Rate (NOV)
- Notable Earnings: Accenture and more…
- EA CPI Final (NOV)
- SG Balance of Trade (NOV)
1st Key Dec Events: Key Earning Reports this week
2nd Key Dec Events: SG Unemployment Rate – Wednesday
The unemployment rate measures the number of people actively looking for work as a proportion of the labor force. Singapore’s unemployment dropped down to 2.0% in Q3 of 2022. This is one of the lowest rates since the economy recovered from COVID disruptions.
We have seen numerous stories in the last few months about the economy entering a recession. In addition, other MNCs, like Alphabet, Amazon, and Meta, have announced significant layoffs. Hence, it waits to see if the unemployment rate will maintain or increase over the next few months.
3rd Key Events: US Interest Rate Projection – Thursday
US, the interest rate is set by the Board and FOMC. The Board decides on changes in discount rates after recommendations from the Federal Reserve Banks. The FOMC decides on market conditions which includes desired levels of central bank money.
In late November, Fed Chair Powell announced that the Fed may scale back the pace of interest rate in December. Currently, the interest rate sits at 4.0%. The “terminal rate,” according to Powell, is forecast to be slightly higher than the 4.6% stated in September prediction. Hence, it waits to see if the interest rate will maintain or increase over the next few months.
All in all, It’s been another exciting week in the market, with plenty of notable earnings and reports to keep us busy. Oracle, ABM, Braze and Trip.com will all be reporting this week. There will also be plenty of other noteworthy events happening as well. Keep an eye on this space next week for more exciting earnings announcements and market news!
Moreover, we are also super honoured to be one of the Top 100 Singapore Investment Blogs on the web.
Disclaimer: The information provided by LearnToInvest serves as an educational piece and is not intended to be personalised investment advice. Readers should always do their own due diligence and consider their financial goals before investing in any stock.